Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pastry School - Week 2 - Salamander: 1, Lauren: 0

Hello friends!

I'm into my second week of pastry school, and I got my first war wound, baby! As I was taking out my french onion soup from the salamander, I burned my wrist. Note to self - the oven in HOT! That's why it COOKS things, Lauren! (I'm shaking my head at myself right now). Did I mention I'm klutzy? The good news? Chef George's critique was positive: he said overall, it was "quite good" - Yeah baby, YEAH! (by the way - I'm making french onion soup because one of my classes is about the fundamentals of cooking. So I get to nurture my cooking skills before I dive into all pastry - so great!)







Tomorrow is all lecture classes, so there will be no opportunity to burn myself, although I cannot promise I won't trip over something - perhaps it will be my shoe? I wouldn't put it past me :)

Well - I'm off to bed! I leave you with some photos of two masterpieces I created for dinner tonight: mango salsa and watermelon salad. Let me know if you want the recipes!

Goodnight, world :) Sweet dreams! xoxo

Lauren
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment